- A discovery that diseases can be transmitted or transferred by pure thought from one location to another will be found.
- Scientists will discover and prove that we live in an identical twin universe that's the mirror opposite of ours.
- Russia, China, and U.S. will collaborate on an asteroid shield/tracking program due to a potential hazard coming by December.
- The alternative digital currency, Bitcoin, will crash due to a well placed virus that affects the algorithm.
And my personal favorite…
- The original 1969 USA moon landing site will be reported as damaged or vandalized by another country that lands on the moon.
Here are a few of the predictions for 2015:
- Major volcanic eruptions will occur in Japan and Hawaii.
- Strange fluctuations in the Earth’s magnetic field will be detected.
- A nuclear submarine will get into serious problems. It could be Russian, though there is also Chinese involvement.
- There will be a celebrity kidnapping and an attack on a member of the Saudi Arabian royal family.
- During 2015, Jeb Bush will gain popularity and will win the American election in 2016.
- Serious family difficulties and illnesses for the Bush family during 2015.
My predictions are much more likely to be accurate:
- Corruption in government and business will continue.
- Murderous acts across the globe will be reported.
- Movies and television will become more graphic in violence and sexuality.
- Identity theft will continue.
- Many hearts will be broken.
- Great kindnesses will be displayed.
- Generosity will abound.
- Acts of service will be seen around the world.
- Emotional, physical, and mental healing will take place.
- Stories of forgiveness will be reported.
Regardless of the kind of business you are in, it is always wise to try and keep an eye on the future. What do the trends look like? What is happening in the workforce and the political world? What is seemingly growing obsolete?
Marketplace opportunity exists whenever we can help solve a problem, relieve pain, or find a way to make someone’s life better. If the pursuit of all work was to make the world a better place, it would become one. Our sinful human condition keeps that from happening. But one day that will change.
In Revelation 21, verses 1-4, the Bible tells us, “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” (ESV)
A foretelling of hope. A promise of a better world. That’s our message.
Happy New Year.
That’s The Way WE Work. Click on the link to the right to connect via Facebook.
Mark Elfstrand can be heard weekdays, 4-6 pm on AM 1160 WYLL in Chicago. Check the web for WYLL and the app for AM 1160 to listen live. Or by podcast.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.